Friday, August 24, 2012

The Miracle of a New Heart

"As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man."
Proverbs 27:19

God has many gifts for us. This one in particular is beautiful. Receiving a new heart. Metaphorically speaking that is. A new foundation to your entire being! Changing the way you think, respond, and live. Just the thought of our father giving us a new heart is so cool to me! Despite all our imperfections and failures. Beating to the same rhythm of God's heart and moving to the sound of His voice! Ahh! Like seriously, get out of town! 

In this chapter, it talks about how Ezekiel describes the two types of hearts:
  • Heart of Stone: hard, heavy, dull, cold, dead.
  • Heart of Flesh: soft, light, warm, alive
  • Self Willed: wanting to do what you want, when you want. 
  • God Willed: living for the purposes of God the Father. 

What heart do you have? What heart do you want? I know now that living with a new heart does not come automatically. It needs to be a genuine prayer to allow God to come in and radically change you from the INSIDE out. A daily surrender of self to the Father. I can't promise it will be easy and that temptations won't come, cause they will come and we will want to fall back to our old habits, but when you give your whole, undivided self and live for Him, it will make it that much easier to turn away from those things.

The definition of undivided: 
  1. Not divided, separated, or broken into parts.
  2. Concentrated on or devoted completely to one object
Our hearts must be centered, focused, undivided, and intentionally loyal to God. That's a big word when you think about it. Undivided. I can't get over it and how important it is. Reading this first chapter, lots of things popped into my head that have divided my relationship with God. Things that just slip in between, maybe some things that I put more time into than I should? Facebook, relationships, friends, phone, work, appearance. I realize that's the 20% I still held back from God and instead of being self-centered I need to learn to be more Christ centered. I encourage you to pray from Psalm 86: "Teach me your way. Give me an undivided heart.." Maybe cut back on a few of the things that popped into your head and fill in that time with God. Determine to live out of that new heart from this point forward. I pray to be a woman with one focus, one vision, one purpose. Today, for me, HE has that other 20%.

No comments:

Post a Comment